F1S Secondary Attendance
Types of Attendance
- Virtual Attendance is for Virtual Academy students. This type of attendance occurs when Virtual Academy students participate online in activities during the instructional day.
- Virtual Academy students are expected to log onto their Chromebooks at the beginning of each class period and participate in online activities throughout the instructional period to be counted present.
- Onsite Attendance is for A and B cohort students. This type of attendance occurs when students physically come to the school building.
- Cohort A and B students who are scheduled to attend school are expected to be physically present in their classroom.
- eLearning Attendance is also for A and B cohort students. This type of attendance occurs when A and B cohort students attempt assigned activities independently at home by the next in-person day.
- Cohort A and B students who are scheduled for eLearning at home are expected to attempt all eLearning assignments by the next in-person day.
Note: Students who sign in late will be counted tardy. A student must attend a minimum of half the class period to be counted present as per Florence 1 Schools Attendance policy.
Examples of Attendance:
- If a Cohort A student attends school in person on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday but does not complete the eLearning assignments made by the teacher on Tuesday and Thursday then that student will be counted ABSENT for Tuesday and Thursday.
- If a Virtual Academy student does not log on to his or her Chromebook by the beginning of each period and remain active online to complete assignments then that student will be counted ABSENT for the instructional day.
- If a Cohort B student does NOT attend in person on Tuesday and Thursday, but completes all eLearning assignments by the teacher deadlines on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, then that student will be counted ABSENT for Tuesday and Thursday, but present for Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Click the button to download a PDF of this document.