Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelors of Science in Mathematics Teaching from Clemson University Master of Arts in Computer Resources and Information Management from Webster University
Mrs. Genovia Miles
Hello! Let me introduce myself. I received my Bachelors of Science degree from Clemson University in Mathematics Teaching. Also, I have a Masters of Arts degree from Webster University in Computer Resources and Information Management.
I have been teaching for 26 years. I have taught for three years in Richland District 1 and 23 years in Darlington County. I look forward to working with you in Florence District 1!
My teaching philosophy is, "All students are capable of learning math although for some it takes longer to grasp concepts and know that you can do it if you try and I am there to help you when you need it." I set high expectations for my students by promoting a "can do" attitude among my students. All my students know that I expect them to try their hardest and strive for improvement every day.
What should I bring to be prepared?
- A 100-sheet composition notebook for notes
- Scientific Calculator, if possible (preferably TI-30XIIS) -- Foundations
- Graphing Calculator, if possible (preferably TI-84+)-Algebra I and Intermediate Algebra
- Loose leaf notebook paper (with holes) for homework
- Graph Paper
- Pencil, extra pencils and/or leads
- Eraser/Cap Erasers
- Pens for checking papers
- A positive attitude!