Congratulations on completing your graduation requirements!
Making Sure You Have a Gown
Graduates interested in marching must make sure he/she has a graduation gown. Please order through Mrs. Anna Moss at 843.758.6402; firstname.lastname@example.org. Graduates should attend graduation practice at the graduation site. Graduation caps and gowns and tassels will be distributed at this time.
Presenting Yourself at Graduation
Graduate behavior should conform to school and professional behavior before, during, and after the graduation ceremony. Graduate appearance should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Graduates, wear dress clothes and shoes under graduation gowns. It is recommended that males wear a button down collar with a tie. Please do not wear sneakers or flip-flops of any type.
- Hairstyles must permit the cap to be worn appropriately. Caps must be worn so that they sit level, rather than on the back or to the side of the head. Caps may not be decorated.
- Graduates may not wear jewelry that hangs on the outside of the robe. Only school approved, school-issued honor cords will be permitted.
Graduates, please arrive early the night of graduation. Family and friends are invited to attend the ceremony in-person. They may also view it online on Facebook Live: florenceadult ed. Graduation Ceremonies for Florence County Adult Education will be held on two different sites and dates:
Friday, June 3, 2022 at 7:00pm. The ceremony will either be in the Lake City High School Gym or on the football field, in conjunction with the Class of 2022 Lake City High School graduates. Location will be clarified the week of graduation. Graduates should arrive at 6pm.
Plan to attend all graduation practices which will be held at the high school at the following dates and times:
- Friday, May 27th at 11:30am
- Thursday, June 2 at 8am
- Friday, June 3 at 8am
Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 6pm at McClenaghan Yellow Jacket room. Graduates should arrive at 5:15pm. We will have a number of graduates leading the Florence-site ceremony. If you would like to give a welcome, say the pledge of allegiance, provide an invocation, lead the graduates in changing the tassel, provide a benediction, sing, please let Mrs. Carol Hill (email@example.com or 843-758-6411) know at least a week beforehand.
Plan to attend graduation practice which will be at 10:00am on June 23rd.
Participating Appropriately as Audience Members
Audience behavior should reflect the school’s desire to honor all graduates:
- Noisemakers, beach balls, balloons, banners, and other items that could be disruptive are not allowed inside the auditorium.
- We ask that guests remain seated during the entire graduation ceremony until all graduates have recessed.
- Cameras must be used from a seat. In order to maintain clear walkways, no tripods will be allowed.
- We ask that guests hold applause, cheers, and shout-outs until after all graduates have been recognized.
Congratulations again to all of our graduates! As students, you have worked extremely hard, and we are proud of you.