1400 Woods Road
Florence, SC 29501
“A place where movement becomes learning!”
“Children require play and movement, physical and social nourishment, sleep, daily routine and rhythm, and constant attentive care in order to be prepared to enter Kindergarten ready to learn.”
Grades: 3 and 4 year preschool students and Play Groups
Average class size: 15
- RN Beck is a South Carolina licensed child development center.
- All teachers in the center are South Carolina state certified as preschool teachers.
- The home visiting program is affiliated with Parents As Teachers and Parent Child Plus.
- The school features a full time registered nurse with extensive early childhood experience.
- RN Beck Child Development Center offers both High Scope and Montessori early childhood curriculum.
- The facility also offers home visits and Parent/Child playgroups for children younger than 4.
- The Parent/Child and home visiting staff are all certified by their respective affiliates.
- Children with disabilities are also served in the center.
- Special programs including developmentally delayed/Autism preschool, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
- The school features a Sensory Room in which children having difficulty adjusting to the school environment can build the skills they need to be successful.
- The playground is handicap accessible.
- The school houses an inclusive playground for preschool age children
- A movement lab
- A sensory classroom
- A “Strandgut” model sand play house
- Awater garden
- A trike, scooter, wagon pathway
- A nature walk
- A vegetable/flower garden with an avian house.
- Young children from the Florence One Schools attendance zone participating in home visits, play groups and school and their families are invited to participate in all activities during school hours.
- Weekly Forest School activities are also provided outdoors for the children.