In consulting with Leslie Collins (State Department), we will complete appeals for students who missed seven (7) days or more in half-unit courses and ten (10) days or more in full unit courses for Qtr. 2 and Semester 1 courses. The rationale is that these students met the SDE’s required seat time to earn credit (60 hours for half-unit courses and 120 hours for full-unit courses).
We will send a list of students who passed courses and still failed due to attendance after final grades are verified by faculty at your school. FA’s should be entered for listed students before report cards are issued.
Please remember the following in reference to Attendance Recovery:
- During the school year, students can recover seat time as many as four (4) periods in each course.
- Each hour of attendance recovery will count as one (1) class period of attendance recovery.
- If a student completes attendance recovery for a period and then fails the course, the principal may apply those days to another period in which the student needs seat time.
- If a student makes up four (4) periods in a class and still has excess absences, the student can THEN appeal to the principal for credit.
- If a student appeals for credit in a course and has not made all efforts to make up work, the appeal may be denied.
- FA’s in most core courses may be recovered by completing assigned units in Apex.
Sign In/Sign Out Procedures
All Students entering the building after 8:26 am must report to the Attendance Office to sign in before reporting to class.
Any Student wishing to leave school early must do one of the following:
- Students with 1st Block study hall may either:
- Report to class as usual, OR have a parent sign a waiver so that they do not have to attend it
- Students with 4th block study hall may either:
- Report to class as usual, OR have a parent sign a waiver so that they may leave at that time. If a waiver is signed, they must leave the campus.
ON EXAM DAYS, WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY PHONE CALL SIGN OUTS. Students must make arrangements to have their parents sign them out in person or bring a note to the office before school stating that the student has permission to leave at a designated time.
Study Hall Sign In / Out Procedures
Students with 1st block Study Hall are required to: either report to class on time (they must be signed in by a parent or guardian in person) OR have a parent sign the sign out permission slip in the main office for study hall.
If the student drives, he must bring a note with a parent phone number to the office before 1st block stating that the student has permission to leave at that time. The student is given a slip to leave class. All notes are verified.
Have a parent / guardian come to the school and physically sign the student out at a designated time. The student is from class by the intercom.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY PHONE CALL SIGN OUTS! Students must make arrangements to have their parents sign them out in person or bring a note to the office stating that the student has permission to leave at a designated time.
Students signing in late may or may not be marked in accordance with the Florence District One Student Handbook regarding tardiness.
Please call the school in advance if you wish to send someone to sign out your child. He must be listed in the emergency contact list.