About Wilson High School
Early College Program
FAQ for Wilson's Early College Program
What is the Early College Program at Wilson High School?
The early college program, in partnership with Florence-Darlington Technical College, provides students with a unique curriculum option, while increasing success for post-secondary education and prepares students for a career path. Students who complete the program will receive a High School Diploma as well as an Associates Degree. Students also have the option of certification in vocational careers such as welding, nursing assistant, and machine tool technology.
What are the benefits of the early college program?
- Students can earn college credit and meet high school graduation requirements at the same time
- Students gain valuable college preparation
- Reduces the time spent in undergraduate college programs
- Courses transfer to most public colleges and universities in South Carolina
How do I qualify for the early college program?
- Be a rising freshman or current student in the Florence School District One attendance zone.
- Have proof of South Carolina residency
- Have written approval from a parent and from Wilson High School
- Have acceptable SAT, ACT, or Compass Scores
- Be accepted to Florence-Darlington Technical College
For more information about the Early College Program contact the School Counseling Office at Wilson High School 843-664-8440 ext. 2 or contact Mrs. Letitia Plowden
Attendance E-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org The BEST way to contact attendance is via the email listed.You can send parent notes and medical excuses through this email. Parent notes MUST come from the email on file in PowerSchool, and include a contact phone number where you can be reached if needed.Please be reminded:
After 9:00am, students will be considered absent, between 8:30am-8:59am it is tardy, and the student goes straight to class.From: 9:00am-3:00pm students need to be signed out in the main office. *3:00pm is the last sign out time of the day.
- It is best to contact the teacher of the course first if you see a possible attendance error. They will contact attendance if there is any correction to be made.
- Attendance cannot change attendance a teacher has put in without the teacher in writing permission stating an error was made, and the exact correction that needs to be made.
- No sign in or out can be performed over the phone.
- PowerSchool for Parents information cannot be given over the phone.
- To update information in PowerSchool, including phone numbers, address, additional emergency contacts, etc. You need to come to the school with your ID and request an Update form.
Wilson High School: Grades 9-12
Founded in 1866 as Freedmen's Bureau School.
Mission: To mold young minds to be creative, knowledgeable, productive citizens of good character in an ever-changing, challenging world.
Dr. Eric Robinson
1411 Old Marion Hwy
Florence SC 29506