The mission of Florence 1 Schools is Students First! Our goal is to help position every student for his or her own version of success. The primary goal for all Florence 1 arts programs is to provide high-quality, equitable arts experiences for all students.
We will do so by:
- Engaging students in comprehensive arts programs that foster student engagement and creativity.
- Enriching students through field experiences, residences, and productions that bring the content to life.
- Developing students through enriching, research-based, and personalized learning activities tailored to the needs of each student.
- Challenging students to generate new ideas and processes in their art form.
- Inspiring students to be life-long learners with a deep appreciation for the arts.
The Office of Arts & Innovative Programs coordinates K-12 music, theater, dance, and visual arts programs, as well as the gifted and talented program:
Florence 1 Artistically & Musically Exceptional (FAME).
FAME comprises the gifted and talented visual arts programs (Horizons and H2) as well as the musically exceptional programs (DOME and DOME Scholars).
Noteworthy News & Information
Today Florence One Schools began accepting nominations for the Horizons and H2 gifted and talented programs for Florence 1 Schools visual arts students. This competitive summer program will be hosted at Moore Middle School in June 2021. Horizons is for 4th - 6th graders and H2 is for 7th & 8th graders. F1S visual arts teachers will be nominating gifted and talented students from their classes. Guardians may also nominate their children.
The nomination period will close on November 1st.
Please visit the program website for more information: https://www.f1s.org/Page/10804
Arts & Innovative Programs
Dr. Erick Figueras, Director
319 South Irby Street
Florence, SC 29506