Early College Program
FAQ for Wilson's Early College Program
What is the Early College Program at Wilson High School?
The early college program, in partnership with Florence-Darlington Technical College, provides students with a unique curriculum option, while increasing success for post-secondary education and prepares students for a career path. Students who complete the program will receive a High School Diploma as well as an Associates Degree. Students also have the option of certification in vocational careers such as welding, nursing assistant, and machine tool technology.
What are the benefits of the early college program?
- Students can earn college credit and meet high school graduation requirements at the same time
- Students gain valuable college preparation
- Reduces the time spent in undergraduate college programs
- Courses transfer to most public colleges and universities in South Carolina
How do I qualify for the early college program?
- Be a rising freshman or current student in the Florence School District One attendance zone.
- Have proof of South Carolina residency
- Have written approval from a parent and from Wilson High School
- Have acceptable SAT, ACT, or Compass Scores
- Be accepted to Florence-Darlington Technical College
For more information about the Early College Program contact the School Counseling Office at Wilson High School 843-664-8440 ext. 2 or contact Mrs. Letitia Plowden