“The arts teach all of us – students and teachers alike – innovation, novelty, and creativity. We learn to be WONDROUS!!”
(Presidential Center on the Arts, 1996. P6)
CHECK OUT THE "ACADEMY AUDITION INFO" TAB--left side--for complete details regarding auditions Friday!
- The Google Form sent in the email has been updated! Every one with the link should be able to submit their time slot for Friday! Please email email@example.com if issues are still present.
- VISUAL ART APPLICANTS: If your artwork has been submitted to Horizons, we have it in folders and will return it to you when you come to audition! A tri-fold board is NOT required--just bring the required works (and any you want to show off)!
- Reference forms are being sent out and returned! Teachers, please check your email--the reference forms are a Google Form from 'firstname.lastname@example.org'. Due to the delay in sending reference forms out, applications do NOT have to have their references yet in order to audition. References are currently still being collected and will not prevent students from auditioning!
- Auditions will take place the afternoon of FRIDAY, MARCH 17th (in time slots based on the applicants' last names). Reference forms do NOT have to be received prior to the audition this year! If you applied, then come audition!
- If applicants cannot attend on 3/17, a ONE TIME makeup audition will be scheduled for the week of 3/20-24. A finalized list of (Round 1) applicants is due to the District Office by 3/25, so no auditions will take place after Thursday, 3/24.
- Audition Materials and Audition Expectations are available on this website via the tabs on the left side. Go ahead and take a look!
- If you did not receive a confirmation email regarding your student's application, kindly email email@example.com to check!
Questions? Application - firstname.lastname@example.org / Academy - email@example.com
What does being a part of the Fine Arts Academy mean for your student?
- Specialize in one Arts major with opportunities to explore the others
- More rigorous expectations in his/her fine arts area(s)
- Afterschool masterclass experience with all of the Fine Arts teachers and Academy students
- A tight-knit community of peers, not just in his/her arts area, but within the academy
- More performance/artistic display opportunities
- Opportunities to work with professionals in various art professions
At a Glance: Application & Audition Requirements
The application will only be available online this year--no paper copies will be made available. Please look over the audition requirements for your fine arts content area by selecting it below:
- Chorus/Vocal Music
- Creative Writing
- Fundamentals of Computing
- Media Arts
- Visual Arts