What does being a part of the Fine Arts Academy mean for your student?
- Allowed to take two fine arts electives--even yearlong!
- More rigorous expectations in his/her fine arts area(s)
- Afterschool masterclass experience with all of the Fine Arts teachers and Academy students
- A tight-knit community of peers, not just in his/her arts area, but within the academy
- More performance/artistic display opportunities
- Opportunities to work with professionals in various art professions
“The arts teach all of us – students and teachers alike – innovation, novelty, and creativity. We learn to be WONDROUS!!”
(Presidential Center on the Arts, 1996. P6)
At a Glance: Application & Audition Requirements
The application will only be available online this year--no paper copies will be made available. Please look over the audition requirements for your fine arts content area by selecting it below:
- Chorus/Vocal Music
- Creative Writing
- Fundamentals of Computing
- Media Arts
- Visual Arts