Mrs. Heather Richardson--Media Specialist
Mrs. Falecia Gregg--Media Assistant
Library Media Center hours:
7:50- 3:30 Monday through Friday
It's the ultimate showdown between 16 of our most popular books in the Media Center! Students can read any of these Sweet 16 books and vote for the ones they liked best starting March 16. The final round of voting starts March 30. There is a prize drawing for students who participate!
Google Form for the Third Round of voting is HERE.
* Instead of emailing Ms. Rhodes, please email Ms. Gregg: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is the link to Mrs. Richardson's YouTube channel. Tune in each day at 8:30am for the Tiger News Network live broadcast!
Please use this Google Form to request announcements on the Tiger News Network.
The mission of the school library program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. The school librarian empowers students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information by:
- collaborating with educators and students to design and teach engaging learning experiences that meet individual needs
- instructing students and assisting educators in using, evaluating, and producing information and ideas through active use of a broad range of appropriate tools, resources, and information technologies
- providing access to materials in all formats, including up-to-date, high quality, varied literature to develop and strengthen a love of reading
- providing student and staff with instruction and resources that reflect current information needs and anticipate changes in technology and education
-Empowering Learners Guidelines for School Library Programs (2009), p. 8.
Mrs. Richardson's blog for teachers: Not Alone