After School Programs
- F1S After School Programs
- Parent Connect
- Pay Online
- Payment Schedule
- Calendar 22-23
- Calendar 23-24
F1S After School Programs
500 S. Dargan Street Suite 100
Visit our program page for more information
The misson of the Extended Day Academy is to offer many diverse opportunities for your child to learn skills in mathematics, art, writing, music, technology, sports, and much more! The Extended Day Academy provides a structured place to receive homework assistance, one on one tutoring, a snack, as well as supper.
- You may download the registration form from the FORMS tab above and return the completed form along with payment to the Extended Day Administration Office.
- Summer Hours through July 20, 2023 Monday - Thursday 9:00-3:00
- The last day to register for an extended day for the 2023-2024 school year is June 29, 2023.
The following sites are closed:
Lucy T Davis
Regular Hours Resume July 24, 2023
9:00 am to 1:00 pm Monday - Thursday
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm Tuesday and Thursday
We are located at 500 S Dargan St (Suite 100), Florence, SC 29506.
Our office hours are 8:00 am to 1:00 pm, Monday to Thursday and 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Tuesday and Thursday
DSS will continue to offer child care scholarships for working parents. However, beginning October 1st, 2023, in order to qualify for an SC Working Families Child Care Scholarship, the family's income must be at or below 85% of the State Median Income ($64,068 for a family of three). Families whose income falls above the new threshold and already have child care scholarships will remain enrolled until their 52-week eligibility period expires. No current scholarship recipients will be "cut-off" on September 30th. 85% of the state median income is the highest income level allowable under federal law.
Additionally, any new families that submit applications on or after October 1, 2023 under the SC Working Families Child Care Scholarship will be assessed a co-pay per week per child. Approvals prior to October 1, 2023 will not have a co-pay until the time new services are approved. The connection letters you receive for eligible families will reflect the co-pay, if applicable.
CCAMPIS Grant-Child Care Access Means Parents in School Florence Darlington Technical College (FDTC) has a grant (CCAMPIS) for the after-school program. You must attend FDTC to be qualify for this grant and be eligible for the Pell Grant. Please reach out to Melissa Cooper at (843) 413-2706 or Melissa.Cooper@fdtc.edu for more information about this grant.
The Department of Social Service SC Voucher program can help with Child Care financial assistance. The program offers federally funded assistance to qualifying families who are in need of child care in order to work, attend school, or participate in a training program. If you think you may qualify, please visit https://www.scchildcare.org/families/child-care-financial-assistance/ to see if you meet the eligibility criteria. If you feel you may qualify, there is a link to the child care application and the email address where to send the application along with all supporting documentation.
Welcome to the Florence 1 Schools Extended Day Academy (EDA).
As parents, you have many choices to make in the enrichment of your children, and a broad range of programs to choose from.
We are honored to be your choice.
F1S After-School Programs
Monday - Friday
Child Development Centers
2:15 pm – 4:30 pm
2:15 pm – 6:00 pm
2:15 pm – 6:00 pm
3:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- All students enrolled in the EDA program must have an application on file. Applications can be completed at the District Office Annex Building, 500 South Dargan Street, Florence, SC 29506. Upon completion of the application, all required fees must be paid
Theodore Lester and McLaurin Elementary Schools: Wednesday, May 10 – Friday, June 30 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm and Tuesday and Thursday from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Child Development Centers, Elementary and John W Moore Middle School: Monday, June 5 – Friday, June 30, from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Tuesday and Thursday from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
- Child Development Center: 2:15 pm - 4:30 pm at $30; 2:15 pm - 6:00 pm at $6
- Elementary (2:15 - 6:00) & Middle School (3:30 pm - 6:30 pm) at $60
- Intersession (Delmae Elementary, Carver Elementary, North Vista Elementary): 7:00 am - 5:00 pm at $60
- If pertinent information concerning a student changes, the parent or legal guardian is responsible for notifying the EDA administrative office, in writing, of the changes.
- If the weekly fee is not made on Monday, a $20 late fee is automatically assessed for Tuesday and Wednesday only. On Thursday, your child will be dropped from the program.
- If I am withdrawing my child from the program, it is my responsibility to provide one (1) week’s notice, complete a withdrawal form and return it to the Extended Day office via email or I may drop it off at 500 S Dargan St, Suite 100. The form is found on the F1Schools Extended Day webpage (Departments, After School Programs, Afterschool Program forms, Withdrawal Form).
- If my child is dropped from the program, a $25 reinstatement fee, plus the owed fees must be paid before he/she can return to the program.
- If my child is out due to illness, it is my responsibility to notify the Extended Day office (BWoods@fsd1.org) and/or 843-758-6046) immediately, to ensure the absence/payment is noted.
- The Extended Day Academy utilizes a checkout system to ensure that each child is dismissed to the proper person at the end of the day. Children will not be allowed to leave the program unattended. There needs to be a written notice from the parent/guardian with signature on file if a child is to be picked up by someone between the age of 17 and 18.
- If my check is returned, I will be notified by the F1Schools’ finance department. The Extended Day Academy will no longer accept my checks.
Students registered for the program are expected to be present except for the following reasons:
- Programming is closed due to inclement weather.
- Student was not in attendance during normal school hours.
- Student may be suspended for behavior in which parents will be notified of given suspension.
- Three occurrences of inappropriate behavior will result in a withdrawal of your child from the EDA program.