Welcome to Greenwood!
Dear Greenwood Parents,
On behalf of the staff at Greenwood Elementary School, I am happy to welcome to the 2017-2018 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best as we carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time (7:35am), ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Know that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college or further his/her education
Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activates:
- Assist with school-wide events
- Reading with children who need extra help
- Mentoring students
- APT room parent
- Field trip chaperone
Student registration will be held August 5th and 6th from 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. in the school cafeteria. Please read the enclosed information regarding registration requirements. The student registration process cannot be initiated without the outlined proof of residency documentation.
Parent Orientation is scheduled for Tuesday, August 10th beginning at 6 p.m. During orientation the teachers will highlight our curriculum and provide you with useful resources and valuable tips. When you arrive for orientation, please report directly to your child’s classroom. Two sessions will be provided to accommodate families with more than one child. We recommend that you bring your child’s school supplies with you that evening for drop off in your child’s classroom. The first day of school is Monday, August 15th.
Enclosed you will find information regarding school registration, important dates for your calendar and No Child Left Behind information. Enjoy the rest of your summer! We look forward to seeing you throughout the school year.
Dr. Susan H. Collins
GES Bell Schedule
7:35 - School Begins
7:45 - Tardy Bell
2:15 - Dismissal