Early College Application
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS DECEMBER 1st at NOON
(Notification via email will be sent from Florence 1 the week of DECEMBER 7th)
The Early College Program is designed to provide our students with a unique curriculum option. While increasing success for post-secondary education, it also prepares students with a direct insight into available career paths. Students who complete the program will be awarded both a High School Diploma and an Associate’s Degree.
Submit the application for Early College to your School Counseling Office.
The following must be attached to the screening application:
- Grades: submit a copy of the most recent report card or transcript.
- Acceptance Letter from Florence-Darlington Tech’s Dual Enrollment Office. (This
does not guarantee acceptance into the program)
The required documents are linked below:
Benefits of the Early College Program
- Gain valuable college preparation.
- Earn college credit and meet High School graduation requirements at the same time.
- Reduce time in an undergraduate college program.
- Courses transfer to all public colleges and universities in South Carolina and most
private colleges(exceptions are Furman, Wofford, and Presbyterian)
How Do I Qualify
- Be a Sophomore(we are only taking 10th grade students this year)
- Test into Curriculum Level Coursework through the Accuplacer
- Accepted to Florence-Darlington Technical College.
- Have proof of South Carolina Residency.
- Written Parent Approval.
- Written School Approval.