Here are a few tips for students having issues with Meet.
Some will only make little changes but all together they may add up to better performance.
1. Change the layout in Meet from tiled to spotlight. [Three vertical dots bottom right, then Change Layout] This will limit the number of video streams that the CPU/GPU has to work with.
2.Ensure the Chromebook’s Operating System is updated.
3. Avoid having unnecessary tabs opened while using Google Meet.
4. Avoid overlapping the Google Meet tab with other windows.
Don't overlap the Google Meet tab with other windows.
Go to the three vertical dots in the bottom right corner,
then Settings (the gear icon),
- Send Resolution (maximum)
- set to Standard Definition (360p)
- Receive Resolution (maximum)
- set Standard Definition (360p), one video at a time.