Welcome to the Florence 1 Schools Extended Day Academy (EDA).
As parents, you have many choices to make in the enrichment of your children, and a broad range of programs to choose from. We are honored to be your choice.
F1S After School Programs
Child Development Center
2:15pm – 4:30pm
2:15pm – 6:00pm
2:15pm – 6:00pm
3:30pm – 6:30pm
If a parent wishes to withdraw their child from the program for any reason, a week’s notice and an official drop form submitted to the EDA office is required.
- All students enrolled in the EDA program must have an application on file. Applications can be completed at the District Office Annex Building, 500 South Dargan Street, Florence, SC 29506 or online via RYCOR. Upon completion of the application, all required fees must be paid.
- Registration will begin June 1 through July 23; Monday - Thursday, 8:00am - 2:00pm.
- Child Development Center: 2:15pm - 4:30pm @ $30; 2:15pm - 6:00pm @ $60
- Elementary & Middle Schools @ $60
- Intersession (offered at Wood Road Child Development, Delmae Elementary, Greenwood Elementary, North Vista Elementary, and Theodore Lester Elementary): 7:00am - 5:00pm @ $60
- If pertinent information concerning a student changes, the parent or legal guardian is responsible for notifying the EDA administrative office, in writing, of the changes.
Assistance for Working Parents
DSS Announces Child Care/Afterschool Assistance for Working Parents. Visit the South Carolina Department of Social Services website for details. DSS Announces Child Care Assistance for Working Parents
- If a child is picked up after 6:00pm (elementary school) or 6:30pm (middle school), there will be a late pick-up fee of $1 per minute per child. (If late fees are not paid at the time of the arrival, the child will not be allowed to return).
- Services may be terminated at any time for failure to pay fees.
- If the weekly payments are not made on Monday, a $10.00 late fee is automatically accessed.
- We are a weekly fee based program. There are no deductions for absences or holidays.
- If a child is dropped from the program, a $25.00 reinstatement fee, plus the owed fees, must be paid before he/she can return to the program.
- Fees can be paid with cash, check (Checks used online will have a $1.00 convenience fee.), money order, or credit / debit card (convenience fee of $2.00).
- Online payments can be made through RYCOR and Power School and is available 24 hours. You MUST have your child’s student ID number in order to use Power School and RYCOR.
- All tax information regarding EDA fees will only be given to the parent/guardian whose signature is on the application.
Students registered for the program are expected to be present except for the following reasons:
- Programming is closed due to inclement weather.
- Student was not in attendance during normal school hours.
- Student may be suspended for behavior, in which parents will be notified of given suspension.
- Three occurrences of inappropriate behavior will result in a withdrawal of your child from the EDA program.