The Dance program at South Florence High School is made up of students in 9th-12th grades. Our program strives to match our school in its diversity of gender, race, socioeconomic status, size, and ability levels. Students have the opportunity to create, respond, analyze, and connect dance to their personal experiences and the world. Daily technique training is challenging and rigorous allowing the dancers to develop their physical abilities.
Upon acceptance, FOCA students will have additional requirements above and beyond the base requirements for Dance. These requirements include:
- Participate in extra dance performances
- Audition/Perform in off-campus events *(if/when available)
- Participate in Master Classes with guest artists
- Attend a college's Day of Dance
Audition Requirements for the Dance Program
Please come prepared with proper dance attire (clothes you can move in and are school appropriate) and a water bottle.Please send your music to email@example.com prior to the day of auditions. Please send either the music itself or a link to it, with the start time and end time of the solo along with your full name.
- Learning and performing a Jazz combination in a group setting
- Dance improvisation activity
- 1 minute prepared solo in the style of Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary or Modern
Contact Drew Arnold for any questions about the Dance program. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.