The South Florence High School Visual Arts program offers classes in a wide variety of visual arts covering 2-D, 3-D, and digital art-making. In each course, students will be exposed to a variety of art-making practices and techniques, as well as the historical and cultural impacts art has on life. Courses include Art 1-4, AP Studio, 3D Design 1&2, and Media Arts 1&2.
Upon acceptance, F1CA students will have additional requirements above and beyond the base requirements for their art classes. These requirements include:
- Active NAHS membership
- One art competition submission per semester
- One art gallery or museum visit per semester
- Attendance at two SFHS Fine Arts events per semester
- Research Project - assigned in enrolled art class
Audition Requirements for Visual Arts
- Students must complete a portfolio including 4 artworks: a still-life, landscape, portrait, and a free-choice piece. Anime is not an acceptable form of art to be submitted for ANY of the categories. The work must be current (from the most recent school year).
- Students are required to bring the complete portfolio to the interview.
- Interview (will be scheduled upon completion of the F1CA application).
Contact Amber Harrar with any questions about the Visual Art Program. Her email is email@example.com.