Congratulations on completing your graduation requirements!
Making Sure You Have a Gown
Graduates interested in marching must make sure he/she has a graduation gown. Please order through Mrs. Anna Moss at 843.758.6402; firstname.lastname@example.org. Graduates should attend graduation practice at 10am the morning of graduation at the graduation site. Graduation caps and gowns and tassels will be distributed at this time.
Considering What Role You Might Want to Have in Graduation
We will have a number of graduates leading the ceremony. If you would like to give a welcome, say the pledge of allegiance, provide an invocation, lead the graduates in changing the tassel, provide a benediction, sing, please let Mrs. Carol Hill (email@example.com or 843-758-6411) or Mrs. Singletary (firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-374-5517 x 11111) know at least a week beforehand .
Presenting Yourself at Graduation
Graduate behavior should conform to school and professional behavior before, during, and after the graduation ceremony. Graduate appearance should adhere to the following guidelines:
- All graduates must wear masks.
- Graduates, wear dress clothes and shoes under graduation gowns. It is recommended that males wear a button down collar with a tie. Please do not wear sneakers or flip-flops of any type.
- Hairstyles must permit the cap to be worn appropriately. Caps must be worn so that they sit level, rather than on the back or to the side of the head. Caps may not be decorated.
- Graduates may not wear jewelry that hangs on the outside of the robe. Only school approved, school-issued honor cords will be permitted.
Graduates, please arrive at 5:30pm or earlier the night of graduation. Family and friends are invited to attend the ceremony in-person. They may also view it online on Facebook Live: florenceadult ed. Graduation Ceremonies for Florence County Adult Education will be held on two different sites and dates:
Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 6pm at Poynor Auditorium.
Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 6:00pm at the Lake City High School gymnasium.
Participating Appropriately as Audience Members
Audience behavior should reflect the school’s desire to honor all graduates:
- All audience members must wear masks.
- Noisemakers, beach balls, balloons, banners, and other items that could be disruptive are not allowed inside the auditorium.
- We ask that guests remain seated during the entire graduation ceremony until all graduates have recessed.
- Cameras must be used from a seat. In order to maintain clear walkways, no tripods will be allowed.
- We ask that guests hold applause, cheers, and shout-outs until after all graduates have been recognized.
Congratulations again to all of our graduates! As students, you have worked extremely hard, and we are proud of you.