The RTI Process
Phase I: If the student is not meeting grade-level expectations and meets the criteria as outlined in the Florence County RTI Support Manual as needing RTI services, complete the below process:
- The teacher sends the Parent Notification Letter outlining concern(s) and asks for Parent Input.
- The teacher fills out Form A and B and turns all of the above into the SIT Team.
Phase II: If a student has not made adequate progress with Tier I nor some Tier 2 generic intervention strategies, the student should now be reviewed by the SIT Team and Parent Notification of Meeting Form/Parent Input Form should be sent home.
- Student Intervention Team Meeting Summary Notes should be taken at each meeting.
**Three cycles of RTI/SIT meetings must be conducted to determine eligibility for Phase III using three data points at consistent intervals.
Phase III: Phase III should only occur if the student is not making adequate progress in Tier 3 intervention(s) and three data points have been collected to prove such a trend.
- Referral for Initial Evaluation for Special Education can then be completed.
Additional Resources for Educators:
Process for Guardian Referral of Non-RTI Participants:
If a school receives a request for evaluation from an outside party for a child that has not participated in the RTI Process:
1. A designated staff member will submit Phase I documents(above) to their designated Exceptional Children Supervisor via GoogleForms.
2. Exceptional Children Supervisor will then have 48 hours to review documents and notify the building administrator in order to schedule a meeting to respond to the request.