Spanish I Syllabus 2019
Textbook: Auténtico 1 Instructor: Mrs. Tiffany Moore
School email: email@example.com
Online textbook resources: www.pearson.com
While in Spanish 1 your child will not be expected to become fluent in Spanish by the end of the semester, he/she will be instructed the basic elements of vocabulary, grammar and culture required for that level.
Vocabulary memorization is essential while learning any language. Students will listen to explanation during class, learn correct pronunciation, then individually and daily, practice it at home as part of their homework.
ASSESSMENTS AND GRADES:
Students will need to study vocabulary each night. Late assignments will NOT be accepted.
We will have planned quizzes, pop quizzes, verbal quizzes, tests, and projects.
CLASSROOM RULES AND some PROCEDURES:
- Be in your seat when bell rings
- Every day, bring your binder and a pencil or pen.
- Respect yourself, your peers and your teacher
- Take turns asking questions by raising your hand.
- Follow classroom rules and procedures. Keep your phone on silence and out of sight during class time
- When absent, turn in make up your work without being reminded
Homework/class work: 20%
Test and projects: 40%
Midterm: 10% of Q1
Final Exam: 20% of S2
1- three-ring binder with paper and dividers
2- earbuds for listening activities
3- pen and/or pencil