Below is a list of potential scholarship opportunities for you to explore. Please understand that this is not an exaustive list. There are many places to search for scholarships. We have heard it said that the one who applies for the most scholarships recieves the most scholarships. REMEMBER: NEVER PAY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH! So where can you look? See my list below for some considerations.
- South Florence, West Florence, Wilson High Schools Guidance Pages
- SCOIS.NET- (Each F1S student should have a username and password to save scholarship searches. See your school counselor or career specialist for more information.)
- Commision on Higher Education website for information about state scholarships www.che.sc.gov
- Salliemae.com- be aware that this is a third party vendor not associated with F1S and FCC. Neither is F1S endorsing this site nor encouraging loans through this entity, this will be at your discresion. But they have a great scholarship search page for free! https://www.salliemae.com/college-planning/college-scholarships/
- SchooLinks- www.schoolinks.com (see your school counselor for log in information)
- https://www.tallo.com/ this is formally called Stem Premier (see Mr. DuBose for more information)
- https://www.raise.me/ Website used for micro-scholarship opportunities
- Career One Stop Scholarship finder Here
- Visit SCTUITIONGRANTS.ORG to see if you qualify for the SC tuition grant program for SC independent colleges.
- https://www.scholarsapp.com/ (third party)
Many links on this page direct visitors away from the F1S website. F1S and the Florence Career Center do not necessarily endorse third party vendors neither take responsibility for their posted web content. If there is an issue with any posted links on this page please email Bryan.L.DuBose@fsd1.org as soon as possible.
2021-2022 Scholarship list
Tip: Students, If a scholarship asks for your social security number or a copy of your birth certificate and social security card or payment information.. STOP!!! Speak to a school counselor before proceeding in order to verify the legitimacy of the scholarship. There are fraud scholarships out there and people who want to steal your identity. Make sure you are taking necessary precautions to stay safe.
Hampton Wildlife Fund offers four scholarships to SC graduating seniors; each scholarship is slightly different. If you are interested in pursuing the following areas, you definitely need to check this out: Wildlife biology, fisheries biology, forestry or marine science, Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice, Forensic Science, print or photo journalism, advertising, public relations or mass communications. Click here for more information: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h6GpGWbSEorM6zUSkrziL41lWdhqP6aq/view?usp=sharing
The Atkins Minorities and Women STEM Scholarship program: Atkins Minorities and Women STEM Scholarship is awarded on a competitive basis and recipients are chosen by selection committees made up of Atkins senior professional, management, and human resources staff. Selection is based on academic achievement, personal qualities and strengths, and letters of recommendation and evidence of unmet financial need. Click here for more information: https://careers.snclavalin.com/the-atkins-minorities-and-women-stem-scholarship-program