The following activities are fun things you can do at home.
- Read a book each day.
- Find the first letter in his/her name in the environment. For example: Store and restaurant signs, food boxes, household items, etc.
- Ask your child the color of each piece of clothing as he/she dresses each morning.
- Have your child collect items outside and count them. For example, rocks, leaves, pine cones, etc.
- Have your child find examples of basic shapes in his/her home.
- Read or sing nursery rhymes.
- Help your child write his/her first name.
- Have your child locate and identify numbers in his environment. For example: Price tags, aisle numbers, speed limit signs, etc.
- Have your child draw a picture about a story you have read to him/her and tell about it.
- Play a rhyming game in the car. Give your child a word and let him/her think of a word that rhymes.