Here are a few reminders that will help make your child’s safety and academic success top priority:
1. Our school day runs from 7:35 a.m. until 2:15 p.m. daily. Early drop off begins in the car rider area (front entrance) at 7:00 a.m. for those families who need to get to work. Even though you will see staff members here prior to 7:00 a.m., there is no one on duty to supervise your child until 7:00 a.m.
2. The tardy bell rings at 7:45 a.m. This means that students must be in their classrooms prior to 7:45 a.m. in order to be considered on time. Once the bell has rung, staff members on duty will proceed into the building. Please bring your child to the front office and sign them in.
3. We have specially made car rider tags that families must use. If you do not have your tag, or you send someone to pick up your child without the tag, you will be asked to proceed to the office. Here, you will be asked to provide an ID and be checked against the list of persons allowed to pick your child up. We take every precaution to ensure the safety of your child, so please be reminded of this expectation.
4. The last thing we would like to remind you of is the fact that the front parking lot is not a drop off or pick up area unless you are coming into the building to conduct business. In such case, please do not park behind other legally parked cars or stop in the middle of the driveway, but proceed to a parking space to park. The same is true about walkers. Walkers should not be dropped off or picked up from the parking lot. They must cross with the crossing guard and proceed to the front entrance/gate of the building. These things may seem insignificant, but they pose safety concerns when there is extra, unnecessary traffic in the front parking lot.
5. All car riders should be picked up by 2:30 p.m.
Thank you for your attention to these matters as we continue to move to higher levels of achievement!