Power School Resources
How do I enroll a new student in PowerSchool?
To enroll a new student who has never attended a school in your district,
follow procedures using your Mastery in Minutes audio/video clips.
Enrollment code choices in SC:
- E –student is eligible for state funding.
- EEI – student is not eligible for state fundng.
SSN: This is required for SIF agent and assignment of the student’s StateID
(formerly SUNS number).
Enrollment Date: This should be the student’s first day at school for the new
school year. Be careful when entering this date during a summer registration
prior to the first day your school begins; the default is the current date on
which you are entering student information.
FTE: Default is set to blank; for students who are coded with an E, you
should select “full-time” from the dropdown list. If you do not indicate FTE
prior to clicking on the submit button, you will have to re-enter your data on
this page. PowerSchool needs this field for membership and attendance
How do I transfer a student from one school to another in my district BEFORE the new year begins?
The process for transferring a student from one school to another includes three major steps:
- Transfer the student out of one school.
- Transfer the student to another school.
Transferring/Withdrawing Students Priorto 2014-15 End-of-Year Process
If you have a student who will be withdrawing from your school before the “End-of Year” process has been completed, the transfer/withdrawal process will need to be completed in the 2014-15 school year:
1) If the student is transferring to another school within our district, change the “Next School Indicator” to the appropriate school. The “End-of-Year” process will move the student’s record to the selected school within our district.
2) If the student is leaving our district, “Transfer Out” the student using 6/5/2015 as the withdrawal date and W22 (Transfer/Out of district) as the exit code.