Google Classroom is a web-based learning environment. When logged into Google Classroom, students can collaborate with their peers and teachers. Google Classroom offers a digital safe space for students to view class announcements, access posted course content, view posted assignments, and turn in completed work. Only authorized FSD1 users (students, teachers, and other designated staff members) can have access to an FSD1 Google Classroom. Google users outside the FSD1 network are not granted permission to any FSD1 Classroom. Parents can access their child’s teachers’ Google Classroom in one of the following ways:
- From any computer with internet access, click this link https://classroom.google.com and have the student login with their FSD1 Google Apps for education username and password. Please note that any activity in Google Classroom is documented under the student’s login and it would be inappropriate for a parent to communicate with the teacher or other students in Google Classroom. Parents should use their personal email to digitally communicate with the teacher.
- As a guardian, you can receive email summaries showing your student’s progress in classroom. You can choose the frequency of the emails, such as daily or weekly. You can unsubscribe or remove yourself from Classroom at any time.
- Guardian email summaries include:
- Missing work—Work that’s late at the time the email was sent
- Upcoming work—Work that’s due today and tomorrow (for daily emails) or work that’s due in the upcoming week (for weekly emails)
- Class activity—Announcements, assignments, and questions recently posted by teachers
See more details here https://support.google.com/edu/classroom/answer/6388136