The mission of Florence 1 Schools is Students First! Our goal is to help position every student for their own version of success. The primary goal for all Florence 1 arts programs is to provide high-quality, equitable arts experiences for all students.
We will do so by:
- Engaging students in comprehensive arts programs that foster student engagement and creativity.
- Enriching students through field experiences, residences, and productions that bring the content to life.
- Developing students through enriching, research-based, and personalized learning activities tailored to the needs of each student.
- Challenging students to generate new ideas and processes in their art form.
- Inspiring students to be life-long learners with a deep appreciation for the arts.
The Office of Arts & Innovative Programs coordinates K-12 music, theater, dance, and visual arts programs, as well as the gifted and talented program:
Florence 1 Artistically & Musically Exceptional (FAME).
FAME comprises the gifted and talented visual arts programs (Horizons and H2) as well as the musically exceptional program (DOME).