The mission of Florence One Schools is Students First! Our goal is to help position every student for his or her own version of success. The primary goal for all Florence One Arts Programs is to provide high-quality, equitable arts experiences for all students.
Our vision is to create STARS whose talent will shine across the world. We will do so by:
- Engaging our STARS in comprehensive artistic programs that foster student engagement and creativity.
- Enriching our STARS through field experiences, residences, and productions that bring the content to life.
- Developing our STARS through enriching, research-based, and personalized learning activities tailored to the needs of each student.
- Challenging our STARS to generate new ideas and processes in their Art form.
- Inspiring our STARS to be life-long learns with a deep appreciation for the Arts.
The Office of Visual and Performing Arts coordinates the dance, music, theatre, visual arts programs, and the Gifted and Talented - Artistic programs for grades K-12.
- The Arts teach a diverse an transferable set of learning skills.
- Arts courses enable learners to be creative int heir approach to problem solving and to visualize concepts in new ways.
- Rigorous, comprehensive, and sequential arts programs based on the 2017 South Carolina Visual and Performing Arts Standards provide a foundation for college and career opportunities.
- The 2017 South Carolina Visual and Performing Arts Standards set achievable, measurable goals to build knowledge and skills necessary to prepare learners for the future workplace.
- Artistic processes develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills as learners create, refine, and reflect on their work and the works of others.
- Through collaborative arts experiences, learners acquire skills necessary to communicate effectively as a team.
Life and Career Characteristics
- Learning in the Arts through history and culture broadens global perspectives.
- Rigorous quality arts experiences require learns to preserve through experimentation, repetition, and mastery of their arts discipline.
- The arts require learners to be disciplined, dedicated, and demonstrate a strong work ethic. (Prepared by The South Carolina College and Career Readiness Task Force, 2016).