What is a Reading Coach?
Maria Bartelle-Davis-R2S Coach
Reading Coach Responsibilities:
- Model instructional strategies for teachers with students in whole or small groups in the classroom.
- Facilitate study groups.
- Use data to provide materials, activities, and instruction that better meet the needs of students.
- Train teachers to use data to differentiate instruction.
- Coach or mentor colleagues.
- Provide support to classroom teachers. o Serve as a resource- providing ideas, materials, and/or suggestions in an informal manner. o Serve as a peer- working collaboratively to problem solve issues related to specific students struggling with reading. o Provide training/professional development to teachers.